Intoweb's Disciplinary System has been developed to assist employers with the process to follow when they have to discipline staff.
A lot of employers have no idea what the procedures are when you need to dismiss an employee and so many employers end up losing a case at the CCMA because of their lack of knowledge. Intoweb has created an online system that provides you with the information you need to minimise your risk of losing a case again.
What are the benefits of using Intoweb's Disciplinary System ?
- You can purchase the Disciplinary System as a standalone version - you don't have to buy the entire Human Resource System
- The Disciplinary System runs online, which allows you to access any information from anywhere in the world at any given time, as long as you have Internet access.
- The Disciplinary System fully integrates with the other Human Resource Modules
- Search: The search facility will allow you to search for an employee using their name or selecting the relevant employee from the company hierarchy.
- Disciplinary history: With this facility you can display all disciplinary actions and notes for an employee.
- Grievance: Using the grievance facility will assist you in taking the first steps in the grievance process.
- Fact finding: Information surrounding the case is collected. Employees are selected to provide information.
- Upload information: Faxes or scans of documents or actual electronic documents pertaining to the case are uploaded.
- Disciplinary action: This facility assists you in choosing the disciplinary actions and recommends actions based on case information.
- CCMA procedures: CCMA procedures are stored here for the five types of dismissal.
- CCMA rules: This facility lists all acts and CCMA rules that are searchable, indexed, and in an easy to use form.
- Reporting: The reporting facility will allow you to draw up monthly reports on disciplinary actions.
- Add notes: Ability to add comments and notes to the employees file.
- Disciplinary details: Using this facility displays the details of a disciplinary case.
- Configuration admin: Set various configuration settings for the disciplinary system.
- User adminl: Administer users that can access the system.
- Notification system: Configuration of system events to send emails when certain actions occur.
- Poor work performance: One disciplinary case is poor work performance. This section will guide the user through the proper legal CCMA required procedure for disciplinary action due to poor work performance.
- Ill health: Another disciplinary case is ill health. This section will guide the user through the proper legal CCMA required procedure for dismissal due to ill health.
- Misconduct: Another disciplinary case is misconduct. This section will guide the user through the proper legal CCMA required procedure for disciplinary action due to misconduct in the workplace.
- Industry action: Another disciplinary case is striking or industry action. This section will guide the user through the proper legal CCMA required procedure for disciplinary action due to striking.
- Time line: The time line provides guidance with respect to activities in the disciplinary process.
- Probation: Each employee has a probation period, which has its own procedures for dismissal.
- Evaluation: The disciplinary case evaluation templates.
- Investigation: The investigation points of the disciplinary case.
- Remedies: Suggested remedies for the employee due to the disciplinary case circumstances.
- Instruction: Instruction given to the employee.
- Training: Training to be given to the employee and record of actual training they received.
- Employee feedback meetings: Capture the information the employee presents at meetings.
- Rule contravened: Acts, laws and company laws contravened.
- Check rule validity: Checking and the sign off of the validity of the rule contravened.
- Employee awareness: Feedback from the employee concerning awareness of the rule, and information from management about making the employee aware of the rule.
- Rule consistence application: Checking and the sign off of the consistency of the use of the rule contravened.
- Warnings: Warnings given to employees. Generation of warning letters.
- Guidance: Guidance given to employees.
- Track record analysis: Analysis of the employee's track record and imprecations thereof.
- Act compliance: Contravening rule compliance with the employment act.
- Act compliance attempt: Investigation on how the employee tried to be compliant with the act.
- Justified: Information whether the employee was justified to strike.
- Trade union meeting: Capture minutes of trade union meetings.
- Ultimatum and consequences: Strike ultimatum provided and their consequences.
- Ultimatum analysis: Investigation whether the ultimatum is reasonable and whether it could be extended.
- Negotiation: Negotiations with the employee(s).
Here is a list of some other Intranet Systems you may find useful