You bought and set up a new Intranet to enhance the various functions within your company. You most probably put in a lot of time and money to ensure that it works effectively as a business tool but is still user friendly. The next step is for an Intranet Roll Out. For this, you need to make that:
- Users are aware of your new Intranet
- You may need to explain why the Intranet has been implemented and what it will be used for
- Ensure that all the necessary users have been trained up on using the Intranet
- Make sure that users use the Intranet for its purpose
To make it easier, here are some Intranet Roll Out Ideas you may want to try when you are ready for your Intranet Roll Out:
- A very effective Intranet Roll Out Idea is to have a competition.
An easy way of doing this is:
- Hide an "easter egg" image on the Intranet somewhere. This can be any unique image
- Users must then search through the Intranet to find the "easter egg"
- By looking through the Intranet, users become aware of their environment and the different available functions
- Make sure you have prize.
- To ensure interaction when you do your Intranet Roll Out, consider monthly "rewards". A good way of doing is by asking a question about the Intranet, which continues investigation and stimulation, and has a R200 restaurant voucher as prize.
- When you start the Intranet Roll Out, make sure that the Intranet is set as the Landing page when users open their browsers. You can also go a step further and have the browser (with the landing page), open when the computer is started.
- Post news onto the site daily - Interesting and short news snippets work best
- For large companies, a great Intranet Roll Out Idea is to have Have Roll-up banners in the walkways / eating areas advertising the Intranet.
- In the initial phases of Intranet Roll Out, users may need some reminders about the new Intranet. A good idea is to send emails once per week initially to encourage the use of a certain module. You can further break this down and send a specific reminder to specific departments. For example:
- Remind the HR Department to check the Leave System
- Encourage the Sales Department to update the Customer Relationship Management module with the latest leads
- Use the Intranet to show status of a thermometer for a goal the company is working towards
- Show sales information
- People enjoy looking at pictures and photos. A great Intranet Roll Out Idea is to add photos to the Intranet of Events.